Where to start? The best way to learn the details of our mission, and the basis of Measure G, is to read the full initiative.
Understanding the History of oil in San Luis Obispo County and more specifically the Arroyo Grande Oil field, may offer you greater context for understanding Fracking Facts and Dangers. One of the most interesting oil related history lessons can be learned by reading the History of Oil Threats in SLO. In this document you will learn what San Luis Obispo County has sacrificed as a result of oil extraction over the years.
San Luis Obispo County, California, and the world are now at a clean energy crossroads. As citizens, we do have the potential to control the energy resources within our County and now is the time to stand up and create some NEW RULES for the operation of oil wells.
YES on Measure G materials
- Read the Initiative
- Vote YES on G logo/lawn sign (small) (large)
- YES on G Brochure in color (August, 2018)
- YES on G Brochure in BW (August, 2018)
- Read and print the History of Oil Threats in SLO
Please be patient with us, our resource links and other information in this section are a work in progress. Throughout the year we hope to expand on the information and provide you with more detail as time allows. If you require additional information or have questions, please contact us directly.
Arroyo Grande Oil Field
- Center for Biological Diversity Dec 16, 2015 letter on Aquifer exemption issue
- Ground Water Protection and the AGOF - SLO Board of
- Supervisors meeting March 6, 2018
- Center for Biological Diversity letter of December 22, 2017
- EPA document detailing the process of an aquifer exemption
- Houston-based Quantum Energy Partners forms Sentinel Peak Resources
- Sentinel Peak (Quantum Energy Partners) buys Onshore Oil Assets of Freeport-McMoRan
- Arroyo Grande Aquifer Exemption Presentation 9.21.2015
Fracking Facts, Dangers, and Waste Water
- Fracking in California: Questions and Concerns
- Physicians for Social Responsibility 2018 Report on Fracking Dangers
- Independent Scientific Assessment of Well Stimulation in California
- Business Insider: Parts of Oklahoma now have same earthquake risk as California, February, 2018
- A New California Oil Boom - Drilling the Monterey Shale, December 2013
- Francking and Dangerous Drilling in California, December 2017
- Research on fracking and methane emissions, January 2018
- Risks and Harms of Fracking Report, March 2018
- Rolling Stone - The Harms of Fracking, Justin Nobel
- Comparison of chemical-use between hydraulic fracturing, acidizing, and routine oil and gas development, April 2017
- Drilling Down: The Community Consequences of Expanded Oil Development in Los Angeles
- Dangerous and Close: Fracking Puts the Nation's Most Vulnerable People at Risk, Fall 2016
- Fracking is one of the least sustainable ways to produce electricity, says new study, Independent Newspaper
- Flip this well - How Fracking Company CEOs get Rich while Losing Billions
- "Fracking is destroying U.S. water supply..."
- "Fracking wastewater spikes 1,440% in half decade"